Friday, August 28, 2009

RIP DJ A.M...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Adam Goldstein a successful DJ from the states found dead in his apartment on Friday the 28th of August. Formally engaged to Nicole Richie, Goldstein survived a plane crash in september last year, but his addiction to drugs overcame him. DJ AM, dead at 36.

I am going to give you the last known interview with him.

Bo Bliz: Describe the transition from DJ to DJ/club/owner/name brand...

AM: I have no idea how that happened, but it did, and I am not trying to take credit, or to stop it, but I know that if you put out good things, good things come back to you. I make the music, and have a voice but I also have a team of great people around me.

Christain Audesirk: How did your relationship between Dusk and Caesars come about?

AM: I've worked at Caesars in Vegas for 3 years so it seemed a natural fit to move to the one in AC as well.

CA: How do you feel about the AC nightlife scene?

AM: It's just beginning to really take place. The recession is already slowing a lot down everywhere and adding to the speed of AC becoming to Philly and NY what Vegas is to LA. But it is going to happen. It’s just a matter of time. I am incredibly excited to be involved in the evolution with Dusk at Caesars. From the design to the music, Dusk is in a league of its own and once you spend an hour there you will know why.

CA: What was your experience like working with Travis Barker on "Fix Your Face?"

AM: So much fun. I love Travis and I have always loved beats. To see what an amazing drummer brings to the beats I love is so exciting.

CA: Talk to me a little bit about Deckstar, how’s that project coming along?

AM: Deckstar is a brand, but it’s also a DJ Management company that I am part of. In addition to representing me, Deckstar represents some of the biggest and most legendary DJ’s in the world. Deckstar as a management company provides a service to all the DJs represented there, giving guidance and structure to its clients to help them maintain longevity in a business that is very fickle. They handle all the bookings, touring and travel logistics, branding, marketing opportunities as well as press and promotion. They don’t just take anyone, you have to be great, owning your own style, knowing what your goals are and where you want to take your music to when it comes to the next level.

Bo Bliz: What has your connection to Philadelphia been since you moved from here?

AM: I have always stayed in touch with my Sister who still lives there and I get back there at lease every 2 months just to take a walk and remember my childhood. I love that city. Damn, bout to start crying! I am a mush ball when it comes to Philly!

CA: Being a born Philadelphia kid, what you do miss most about Philly and its style?

AM: The food, the people, and the over all energy that you can actually smell and see on the streets. Philly has more flavor and character then anywhere in the world I have ever been, other then Prague

BB: What was your reaction to the support you received at DJ Day here in Philadelphia?

AM: I was totally speechless. When Jazzy Jeff showed me the pics I was floored. I had NO idea half of these legends knew who I was, let alone how I DJed and supported me. It was like winning an Oscar.

BB: What is the vibe of your weekly in LA, Banana Split?

AM: HOUSE PARTY!

BB: When was your progression from records to serato etc., and how did that transition effect your dj'ing?

AM: It made me speed up a lot in terms of the tempo I play at. And it made me be braver with song selection. I don’t have to "find" that rare RECORD anymore, just the mp3, then I can play it!

No comments:

Post a Comment