Monday, December 28, 2009

ICE CREAM MONDAY - CHRISTMAS TIME YO!



Ice Cream Monday

'Making Christmas a little more delicious, one year at a time'

Easing back into the lull week between the Christmas food marathon and New Years has been a cautious and fattening process.

Sliding from party to party I found myself with almost too many options to pick a feature for this weeks installment. So I didn’t.

Christmas lunch was a dessert marathon all to itself, the traditional ‘made to share’ strawberry freeze that was going around definitely got a lot of my attention, especially partnered up with some Pav and Brownies!!

I’ve gotta say, writing a blog about Ice Cream has definitely got its perks when it comes to Christmas time and I got one of the most bitchin’ presents of my life this year. A full Sundae Set!!

For anyone interested in stepping their entertaining arsenal up a notch, the Sundae set comes complete with a scoop, two ice cream themed bowls, choc fudge sauce, marshmallows AND sprinkles. I could’ve just said “the works” but that wouldn’t do it justice. Thankyou Ashley!!

To top that off and put it through its paces I also scored three awesome flavours from the valley’s infamous Shlix Ice Creamery (Courtesy of the very courteous, ms Emmy-Lou).

Lazy Lychee

Cheeky Cherry

& Ferrero Rocher.

Totally blitzing expectations here, the Lazy lychee had a distinctively and somewhat expected summer laziness to it, while the Cheeky Cherry definitely brought a candid counterpart to the subtle richness of the Ferrero.

I wouldn’t recommend going all three at once in the bowl, bit of a clash, but the cherry and Ferrero go pretty damn well together!

It’s hard to go wrong eating anything out of a bowl that looks like a massive ice cream cone, but this really was a showstopping event.

PEACE, LOVE AND DOUBLE-SCOOPS

Benny






No comments:

Post a Comment