Monday, February 22, 2010

ICE CREAM MONDAY - Birthday dessert immersion therapy


'Making life a little more delicious, one week at a time'

This week's a bit of a special episode - for years I've always accosted my mother to take some sort of literary stand, to put down on paper what she's always theorising and deliberating...
Coming from a classical English and literary background, I've often found her ramblings (sorry mum) quite well constructed and informed, delivered in a manner that, while sometimes of debatable ethics, undoubtedly well constructed and hard to unseat.
I think I got my stubbornness from Mum.So after a spot of dinner for her birthday we headed down to Freestyle Tout (Emporium)... and I got her thoughts on dessert... fitting I thought...

Here's the word....


After thinking I might 'one day' go to Freestyle Tout for dessert ....for years..and yet never actually going out of my way to get there...as well as thinking..as so many of us do from time to time...all of those mature and self-righteous thoughts about the unnecessary nature of extravagant desserts in today's carb'/caloric counting lifestyle...I finally got to go, last night, for my seriously special events only dessert immersion therapy.....My companions dived enthusiastically into the Sticky Date and the Chocolate Muds and the Ice-cream Sundaes...hmmm...that coffee/ afagatto creation does look amazingly inviting....next time..and there will be a next time...

Personally, I picked the Sorbet for my toe-dip into the wild world of desserts after dark in the city.


Described as mango, strawberry and raspberry sorbets in a chocolate coated biscuit shell casing...it arrived as described! This in itself was a pleasant event- how often do we read the menu and then take delivery of something that doesn't quite match the expectation?

The first spoon full is always the clinch for me.... a tentative swipe on one side of the mountain of sorbet in front of me...hmmm....mango....hmmmm...sorbet....very very cool stuff...and YUM!....the occasional glance at what the others were doing..but...YUM...back to the plate...mangomangomangomango....YUM....a very sensual and pleasurable experience....too many words...JUST YUM.

NO...there were no leftovers...even after we all had said...'this is too much for me on my own...'...but...we all ate every single mouthfull.... YUM!

I was worried about going out for just dessert....but...ok...I get it now..I now know why there can be a line of people waiting to get into a place that just sells desserts in the middle of the night....YUM!

Freestyle Tout delivers.

1 comment:

  1. That place is unreal, first started in Rosalea in Brisbane, almost to die for.

    ReplyDelete