Monday, February 22, 2010

ICE CREAM MONDAY - Double-episode day - with the Raine family

'Making life a little more delicious, one week at a time'

Featuring - The Raine Family


Sadly, the Gelato store in Caloundra isn't open on a Monday night, which was my initial plan for the review. However, with deadlines due for Icecream Monday and my editor really riding me to get something in, I had to trundle down to the second rate Caloundra icecream store .... Baskin and Robbins. Rather than eat a single tub, I decided to get my family involved so I brought home a family tub of B&R's finest four.

My dad decided to leave the dinner table early than the rest of us, the cheeky man, so we had to divide the remaining half amongst the rest of us.










So my sisters and I were left with a motley collection of chocolate&marshmallow, cookies and cream, hokey pokey and butterscotch crunch. We all expected it to be a far cry from the excellence in icecream goodness we have become accustomed to (from the Milano Gelato store).


Unfortunately, the chocolate and marshmallow tasted like wheels bumping over day-old roadkill. It was jammed in on top of the rest of them so it seemed to seep through the rest of the flavours, setting myself and my sisters on a group write-off session of the rest of them.


The saving graces of the icecream experience was far and away, the cookie dough and hokey pokey however, one has to concede that they most likely didn't make those two components, so really B&R can't take the credit for them.





In saying that - there is none left in the tub now, which begs the question... how bad does icecream have to be to be inedible???

2/10

* ICM: "Ouch"

No comments:

Post a Comment