Monday, January 18, 2010

ICE CREAM MONDAY! - RNAs Best Ice Cream 2009

Ice Cream Monday
^^ now with a ph-resh new look! ^^

'Making life a little more delicious, one week at a time'

For this weeks installment we ventured a little beyond the realm of the homeland, to go in search of Ice Cream from over the horizon....

After an awesome walk around the Kondalilla Falls park with the crew from HSM we decided to dabble in a touch of shameless cross-promotion.
Chris had the hot tip and steered in the direction of a big time RNA winning store tucked into an unassuming shop front... MILANO!




After scoping out the award winning selections - Chris went for, among other candidates... the Mango... a fine summer day choice if I do say so myself...

I went for a fruit sample - with a cup full of Lemon, Blueberry and Rockmelon sorbets - Rockmelon was surprisingly good... its a very subtle thing to capture... and I tipped my cap to the Milano people in a knowing confectionarists (?spelling?) way as a saunted back to my car....

BUT TO THE NEWS! >>>
Mango Gellati - A love story (by Chris Raine)

When you take on the fruit that is already so good it should really be classed a confectionary, you had better do a good job of making it one. So it was on this Sunday that I tested out Caloundra's Milano Gellati store's efforts.

It was good. Very good.

As I relentlessly scrapped the bottom of the small paper cup like if I did it enough more would come out,



it reminded me of a movie I saw once called 'Perfume' (also originally a novel). The movie is set in 18th century and it tells the story of the Jean-Baptiste Grenouille who has an incomparable gift of creating perfumes. Anyway, he ends up murdering a heap of women to capture 'the essence' of woman, a single drop of which then induces the town into a giant orgy. Good film.

Eating this exceptional mango gellati makes me wonder just what they did to the mango trees to capture what is nothing less than it's true essence because this ice-cream is the best damn ice-cream I have ever eaten. Bring on the orgy.



No comments:

Post a Comment