Monday, January 4, 2010

ICE CREAM MONDAY - TWO-THOUSAND AND BEN!


Ice Cream Monday

‘Making the new year a little more delicious, one week at a time’

With promises of grandeur and resolutions up the walls, the New Year was definitely here and true to my word I decided it was time to take Ice Cream Monday BIG TIME!!

So out in search of the biggest thing to happen in Ice Cream I went…..

Ironically this I what I found….

Roaming around the Cloudland New Years eve celebrations were these awesome little ice creams from the Lick! Ice Cream powerhouse.

Although I only managed to try one, I was told (to my horror) that there were THREE different flavours going around.

Speculation has it that there were:
Honeycomb
Cherry

And some other mystery flavour…

I tried the Honeycomb and I’ve gotta admit, it’s a hard little thing to review, being so small – but the delicate balance of well crafted vanilla wrapped in the genius of a tiny little waffle cone that could rival Japans prowess for electronics engineering – I was pleasantly satisfied by the bite sized lil devil.

I had hoped to speak to the Brains behind Lick today, Mr Grant Lew, however unfortunately their office is still closed for the holidays until next week….

So until next week Lick…. Until next week!!!

In other Ice Cream news -

President Obama is making waves in Hawaii with his newly christened “Snow-Bama”, a lemon-lime, cherry and passion-guava syrup snow cone from Island Snow Shave Ice.

I’ve been dabbling in the snow cone scene I must admit… ever since I came into new ownership of my very own snow cone making machine, albeit a little rudimentary…..

(I love you Mr. Snowman)


Next week the plan is to hunt down the Lick Ice Cream people – also to see what Ice cream wins the SFD public opinion for BEST COME DOWN HELPER… this should be fun!!

Come find me at SFD on the Gold Coast for free Ice Cream Vouchers and much MUCH MORE! (not really much more, probably just high fives)


No comments:

Post a Comment