Monday, March 1, 2010

ICE CREAM MONDAY - Pulling Cones - 50 cent style

Ice Cream Monday

'making life a little more delicious, one week at a time'

This week we took a stroll down to a local Logan haunt after a spot of cable-skiing (epicly failed on my part I must say... I'm unco at the best of times... and today.... was no exception - however my comrades performed to a standard I can only equate to the quality of the first bite into a Mango sorbet in the middle of hot summers day - pretty good).

I digress.... we were here to sample what is undoubtedly one of the most famous icons in popular Ice Creamology ...... The 50cent cone.... you can't get a dolla outta me!

If you haven't already... please press play on the below soundtrack



In keeping with the affordability of the product, this week I recruited 4 guest reviewers to pass judgement on the sweet treat... however as a result... could only afford $0.50 worth of professional commentary... Straight up - just like the cone.

The results were thus...

BRENDAN HORSFALL - The creaminess of the reconstituted pig fat is second to none. Smooth consistency, just like grandma used to make. The cone housing does taste like a cardboard box but is to be expected for the price. Overall, good value and good taste. 4 cherries out of 5.

CHRISTOPHER RUDDOCK - I took my first bite and suddenly there I was at 10 years of age, looking into the eyes of a chubby yet blissfully happy child. We sat together enjoying the one thing we had in common - 50c soft serves - all the while thinking 'man if only I had a $1, then i would have two!

MARK LOBO - It was so good, I forgot to taste it.

CHRIS RAINE - The Mcdonalds soft-serve machine - a never-ending soft white drill, burrowing a little hole into Australia's obesity since 1971.

I could ramble on... but lets just finish on a high note with a photo


Compliments of

No comments:

Post a Comment