Monday, November 9, 2009

ICE CREAM MONDAY#6!

Ice Cream Monday

Australian Made and Owned

Over the past few weeks we’ve dabbled into the various forms and popular representations of ice cream. The Magnums, the strange sushi, paddle pops and the classics that laid the seed of a whole generation of biscuit bastards.

Today we journey to a place.... not that far away actually. Toowoomba (sort of)

The Weis bar.

Brain child of Cyril Weis in the 30’s and then rolled out into a larger operation sometime in the late 50’s, Weis has a rather messy place in the hands of many Australian fans.

I had intended to go for the original “Fruito” but alas it was nowhere to be found.
So I went for another of the preferred pre-summer taste parties. The Vanilla and Raspberries bar!




I have to admit – I feel like I’ve cheated poor old Cyril, the all Australian confectionaire (that sly dog), by not coming by to the Weis family sooner, but better late than never I guess!

First things first – with Weis, you are not just buying an ice cream.

You’re investing in an experience.

Most people intrinsically know this now, through many a shared torturing childhood experience – but when you go to buy a Weis bar, you gotta make sure you’ve completed committed – schedules clear, no bitch trying to hold your hand, got a bib on... check, check, check – sorted.

Any deviance from this path and you’re in trouble... 5mins in the Summer heat after that bad boy is out of the freezer and if you haven’t opened it yet – your fucked.... Either that or you have to go through the pain of ‘re-freezing’.

Re-freezing is a concept I can only attribute similarity to a parent being told their child was going to be born retarded... you don’t want to call it off, but you know full well it’s not going to be as fun when it comes out.

I really should at this point re-enforce that I whole heartedly support people with disabilities, their families and carers. You are all amazing people and if ICM ever becomes a profitable endeavour I will be donating to charity (everyone can hold me to this).

The V+R Bar (kinda sounds cooler that way hey.... almost like you could buy one in the year 4000 – V AND R BAR! Now in surround sound! Get one at your nearest multisensory centre )

It’s a pretty awesome experience really – contains some evidence of the whole chunks of real fruit that so many companies claim to include in their products... that was very cool to see indeed – massive props from me.





Its sweet, relatively good for you and just enough love for any Monday afternoon – just what I need.

I strongly suggest you go get one. Like now.

<3 Peace, love and double-scoops <3

Hammertime

No comments:

Post a Comment